| 0 komentar ]

The Italy squad returns to the Peninsula this morning amid politicians calling for Marcello Lippi to hand back his wages.

Following their worst ever World Cup campaign, the Azzurri left South Africa on an Alitalia flight from Johannesburg’s Tambo airport at 21.00 UK time last night.

They are set to arrive in Rome this morning at 7.00, then several others will continue their journeys with a flight to Milan landing at 09.45.

In 1966 the team was famously welcomed back with a hail of rotten tomatoes following their shock defeat to North Korea, but it remains to be seen how the players will be greeted this time.

Italy had never previously gone out without winning a single game and suffered their first group phase exit since 1974.

Coach Lippi said in his Press conference that he took all responsibility for the failure.

“In that case he ought to give back his wages,” slammed Minister for Reforms Roberto Calderoli.

“FIGC President Giancarlo Abete should also resign, as he was the one responsible for choosing Lippi in the first place.”

Read More......
| 0 komentar ]

Diego Milito hopes to put the transfer speculation to rest. “I am very happy to be playing for Inter.”

The striker has been at the centre of reports he’ll quit San Siro to follow Jose Mourinho to Real Madrid.

However, his agent held talks with the Nerazzurri staff and it seems to have done the trick.

“I don’t want to talk about my future right now, but I will say that I am very happy to be playing for Inter,” said the Argentine.

It is reported his wages will rise from €3.5m per season to €5m as a reward for his excellent first campaign at San Siro.

The contract is also expected to last until June 30 2013.

Milito is currently in South Africa with Argentina’s World Cup squad.

“It is difficult to take your opportunities when space is limited, but I am at peace with myself, because there is so much competition here.”/http://football-italia.net

Read More......