| 0 komentar ]


Mourinho launched a furious attack on Lippi, fuming that the former Juve coach had shown "a lack of respect".

This was after Lippi predicted his old charges would end Inter's stranglehold on the Serie A title.

And the ongoing spat between the pair continued on Wednesday.

Mourinho told www.inter.it: "I don't want to lose more time replying to our national coach because I work every day for my club and, on the pitch and in the dressing rooms, with my squad.

"I don't spend my time waiting for a game every so often.

"I think I have the right to express an opinion.

"Someone might not agree with my opinion, no problem, but I repeat that, I think, a national coach can not predict in such a direct matter who will win the league.

"Lippi did that on TV the other night.

"Would Fabio Capello in England respond with the name of a team to such a question? And Vicente Del Bosque in Spain?

"I don't think so, they are too intelligent to do so."

Roma captain Francesco Totti chimed in this morning to defend Lippi.

The former Italy international said: "Lippi made a joke, a prediction.

"Whether it comes true or not we will see, however one of the likely scudetto winners is Juventus."

Lippi steered Juve to five Serie A titles and the Champions League during two spells in charge of the Bianconeri.

The new season is set to kick-off this weekend with Inter, who took the scudetto by a 10-point margin over Juve last season, looking for a fourth successive crown.

Mourinho's Roma counterpart Luciano Spalletti has also defended the Azzurri boss.

"For me what Lippi said seemed a normal prediction, as he did last year saying Inter were the strongest team," said the Giallorossi coach.

"From a personal view I don't see it as a lack of respect. Lack of respect comes when you dismiss the professional capacity of the team you're talking about.

"When you say 'zero titles' to a team that's still in a competition, that's a lack of respect."

Related Posts by Categories



0 komentar

Post a Comment